Why should your library use Unique Management Services’ material recovery service instead of a traditional collection agency?
Here are 10 reasons why Unique’s material recovery service is better than traditional collection agencies.
- Unique’s entire service is crafted to meet the special needs of libraries. Traditional agencies treat libraries (and patrons) like all other non-library clients.
- Unique specializes in material recovery. Traditional agencies specialize in cash recovery.
- Unique specializes in small balance accounts. Traditional agencies have few small balance accounts and have little interest in small accounts with small payback.
- Using Unique will cost your library less than using a traditional collection service. Indeed, the service more than pays for itself with the average library seeing a $4:1 return on investment.
- Unique offers a fully automated process using your ILS collection module, eliminating staff time spent on the collections process. With traditional agencies, the library will have to send information repeatedly via a manual process causing additional work for the library staff.
- Maintaining patron goodwill is an essential objective of the service. Letters and phone conversations with patrons are gentle and tailored to the library’s needs and desires.
- Each library is assigned a designated customer service representative. Your customer service reps works with you on the setup process and beyond to ensure optimal value and ease of use.
- Unique provides training and support free of charge. Other agencies offer limited to no training or technical support for their clients’ staff members.
- Libraries like the idea of using Unique to gently nudge past due patrons to recover material while maintaining patron goodwill.
- Unique currently serves over 1,700 library clients in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, New Zealand and Australia. Libraries are Unique’s specialty.
Unique is a library company with a PROVEN track record of delivering better results, maintaining patron goodwill, saving staff time, and providing better customer service than any non-library collection agency could. 1,700 libraries can’t be wrong. Click the button below to contact us today!